Happy Hump Day…. woot wooooooot! (Sorry, that will never get old). This week as been pretty productive in the Nagel household, and it’s only Wednesday! We got our North Carolina drivers licenses yesterday…well…a paper saying that we will be getting our actually drivers license in a few weeks. Once we do that we’ll have to go to a different place to register our car and all of that fun stuff. We thought we were going to have to take a written test, but when we got there they said we only had to know street signs (in which we both replied, ‘but we studied!!’…I know, we’re both nerds).
We also got our new living room furniture yesterday!!! It literally took the guys two minutes to get our sofa and love seat up a flight of stairs and unpacked, but I started laughing hysterically as I remembered one of my favorite Friends episodes. Say it with me now: “Pivot….pivot….PIVOT”.
But anywho, I saw one of those survey thing things on Julie’s blog yesterday and thought it would be fun:
25 Things About Me
1. I’m happiest when… 1. Andrew and I are in the same state, and 2. I can run without pain (i.e. I’m not injured)
2. …Especially if it… 1. involves just chillin’ spending time with each other 2. means I can train for a race (like maybe my first marathon?! one can dream, right?)
3. I’ve always wanted to… work with athletes, so I’m hoping my physical therapy career will take me in that direction. If not, I would love to work on a military base and help military members and their families.
4. My family and I… are all the sam-ish! That’s an inside joke, but I love that I’m part of a large family (I mean huge: my Mom is one of four kids and my Dad is one of six kids, so I have so many cousins!!).
5. I was a terrible… art student. Like seriously, zero artistic abilities.
6. My first job was… a Hostess at Bob Evans. It lasted a month before I moved on to scooping ice cream at Baskin Robins. People get really angry when they’re hungry…and plus I wasn’t getting any hours so I needed to find a better job anyways 🙂
7. I could probably (or most definitely) eat chocolate everyday. Anyone that knows me even a little bit knows this is true.
8. I stole… nothing! Sara and I did ‘share’ clothes (as in I’m pretty sure she still has one of my Steelers T-shirts…ahem, Sara).
9. I was born on the same day as… Lorde and David Guetta. I had to Google this, so who knows if it’s actually true haha.
10. My all-time favorite film is… Forrest Gump. It’s so good!
11. I do a pretty mean… Aunt Mary Grace impression (she was an old family friend). Just ask my Dad.
12. I’m still mad… that my Dad faked timing me when I would ‘race’ outside when he would want to kill time (usually at a restaurant that had a long wait…Mom always put Dad in charge of keeping Sara and I entertained…poor Dad…haha). He knew how competitive I was (yes, even as a little kid), so he said he would time me to see how fast I could either run around the outside of a restaurant, as long as there was a sidewalk, (this was before there were tons of crazy people around so you could trust your kid being out of sight for a second), or up and down a sidewalk (trust me, he would find something safe for me to run on/around…haha). After I would race back he would usually tell me that I should be a second or two faster (or he would tell me that I was perfect…usually because our name had been called to be seated at the restaurant). He did say sometimes he would actually time me, but still, not cool Dad! I guess he was making me a competitive runner early on 🙂
13. I met my husband… through my friend Megan and her husband Luke. Yup, we were set up, and I think it worked out nicely 🙂
14. I always knew I wanted… to not have a desk job. It only took me seven years to finally start a new career!
15. I’m not afraid to… move to a new place. I moved to Chicago after college and did not know a single person, and it was probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
16. I make the best… sugar cookie bars and chocolate chip cookies. Just ask Andrew 🙂
17. I have almost no… Flexibility (I stole this from Julie, but it’s also, sadly, very true).
18. I always cry when… I’m sleep deprived. I think I’m going to have to get over this right quick since the next three years I will definitely be sleep deprived!
19. I’m (now) a North Carolinian, but I will always be a Maryland girl at heart.
20. I spent the first 12 years… of my life moving every three to four years. This was normal for a military family and I wouldn’t change it for anything!
21. I wish my folks… would just move to North Carolina already!!
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with Disney movies and The Elephant Show (anyone remember this?)
23. I believe if everyone smiled a little more , the world would be a better place. (sorry for the ‘Miss America’ answer…but I couldn’t think of anything less corny haha).
24. I can’t stand… when people complain about anything on Facebook. I just feel like they’re asking for attention and it drives me crazy!
25. Whenever HGTV is on, I’ll watch it.
Answer any of the questions above 🙂
Favorite Friends episode or quote?